If there is one thing that sticks out for me amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the absolutely brilliant and amazing resourcefulness of real estate agents, real estate affiliates, and those who serve the real estate industry. If you just peruse your social media for a few minutes, you’ll probably see a few free offerings and great ideas yourself.
I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I’ve put together a list of what I thought were the best offerings that real estate agents might like to take advantage of during their time at home.
Here are 10 Online Freebies for Real Estate Agents:
- Inman Select Subscription. You can sign up for Inman Select for a short period of time absolutely free. Some of you may already have Inman Select as a free benefit through your local association, but others might now. Inman is a great source of timely news on many topics of interest to real estate professionals.
- Real Page Webcasts for Property Managers. I’ve listened to a few of the recent Real Page webinars and they are extremely informative on the ways in which property managers can address the current crises. You can watch recorded webinars or participate live.
- Zoom for Conferencing. Maybe you have seen the memes where people joke that Zoom is actually behind the coronavirus since so many people are using the service. Even my 81-year-old mother participated in a birthday party the other day on Zoom. Zoom is free and is a great way to help you hold meetings and stay connected.
- Free Real Estate Mastery Training. John Moscillo is offering up a free video training for real estate professionals. You can get the info about how to sign up by clicking here.
- Quarantined Realtor® Action Plan. I came across this phenomenal Quarantined Realtor® Action Plan created by Barb Betts (@barbbetts if you want to connect with her personally).
- Free Virtual Home Tours. People are so creative and benevolent. AJ Powers just built this site where real estate agents can post virtual tours of their listings free of charge.
- Podcasts from Brian Buffini (or just about anyone). Brian Buffini’s podcast is always a dose of reality with a little bit of motivation. If you are looking for everything from soup to nuts for your real estate business, here is the list of his most recent podcasts. Why not binge?
- DottoTech Videos on YouTube. I’ve mentioned before that I have a bit of a work crush on Steve Dotto. He has absolutely the best technology videos on everything from how to use certain platforms to Gmail hacks to how to declare email bankruptcy. You can check out his YouTube channel here.
- Breakthrough Broker. Breakthrough Broker has long been a great place with templates and marketing materials always available for free to agents. Right now, they are even offering some really great webinars. Most recently, they had one on how to work with your sphere of influence during the pandemic.
- 10 Instagram Classes. Later, the Instagram app has 10 free Instagram courses you can watch right now. From how to get over 1000 followers to how to be clever with your comments and emojis, these sound like great courses to watch!
Adding a number 11: Right after the Great Recession, I authored a book called Been There, Done That: 10 Agent Success Principles from a Short Sale Insider. The book provides many tips and tools for working with distressed properties, lenders, and short sales and also discusses the timeless principles that you gain from the challenge of working during an economic downturn. This week (because I could not figure out how to do it for a longer length of time), you can download the Kindle version absolutely free, and I’ve asked Amazon to deeply discount the paperback.
I am in awe of how generous many companies have been in supporting real estate professionals, who in much of the United States are unable to work right now.
Best wishes to you all for health and fortitude during this unique and challenging time!