I think there are 3 kinds of people: those who get up right when they hear the alarm in the morning, those who repeatedly sleep through the sound of the alarm clock, and those who are always hitting the snooze button to get just a few more minutes of that precious sleep.
Which category do you fall into? And, are you wondering why this actually matters? What does this have to do with business?
My deep and heavy conclusion is that how you respond to the alarm clock is actually a metaphor for the relationship that you have with your business.
It may not surprise you, but I’m someone who pops right out of bed when the alarm clock sounds. In fact, often I am so anxious that I will not hear the alarm that I wake up before it goes off. Most days—unless I need to wake up very early in order to catch a plane—I don’t even use an alarm clock. (Admittedly, this probably says a lot about me, my anxiety levels, and a whole slew of other things.) But, popping out of bed right away also means that I always arrive at the office on time, and my daily routine is organized, controlled, and consistent.
Increase Your Sales Pipeline with Hot Time Management Tips for 2019 and Beyond
An organized, controlled, and consistent time management routine is the absolute best way to see regular income and a very strong sales pipeline. This Wednesday, October 30, 2019, the Residential Real Estate Council is hosting a webinar and I’m doing the presentation. It’s called Increase Your Sales Pipeline with Hot Time Management Tips for 2019 and Beyond. I’ve love for you to join us. If you’re interested, please sign up.
If you are interested in the topic, but not sure if the webinar is for you (or if it is beyond the date when you’ve found my post), here are 5 kernels about time management that may help you make the transition from a person who hits the snooze button to someone that jumps out of bed when the alarm clock sounds.
5 Time Management Tips to Help You Fill Your Real Estate Sales Pipeline
- Use a calendar. This may seem obvious, but it is an absolute must. If an event or activity is not on the calendar, then it didn’t happen or it will not happen. It doesn’t matter whether you are using a daily planner such as Pipeline Planner or an app on your mobile that syncs with your computer, everything must be on your calendar.
- Just say ‘no’. You need to think very carefully about the activities that are going to fill your day, and say “no” to any non-money-making tasks. If another agent in your office wants to go out and get tacos but you have calls to make, you need to say “no.” I know, it’s hard. Who doesn’t get tempted by a good plate of tacos?
- Regularly schedule your marketing and advertising activities, such as your social media scheduling. If you have a dog, you may know that dogs function really well on a routine. They expect their meals and their walks at certain times. Follow that format and earmark certain times during the week to address your marketing and advertising activities, such as social media scheduling, direct mail preparation, and email newsletter preparation.
- Timeblock the majority of your mornings for prospecting. Invite a real estate agent to a meeting where breakfast is served and he or she is there. Tell a real estate agent to sit down and make calls for 90 minutes and that is where the lack of discipline shows through. If this describes you, start by calling past clients and your sphere of influence to say hello. Use the F-O-R-D method to keep the call on task (Family-Occupation-Recreation-Dreams).
- Allocate time for education. Realtor® education is a vital way to stay motivated and keep your sales pipeline full. Not to mention, what you learn through classes, conferences, and mastermind sessions goes a long way towards providing top-notch service for your clients. Commit to a specific amount of educational activities per month or year. (If you cannot do that, install a chess app on your phone and improve your chess skills. You’ll be amazed by the correlation between an improved chess game and increased transactions in your sales pipeline.)
If you or anyone you know is looking for more time management tips and tools to improve your business, please join me for the webinar this Wednesday October 30, 2019. And, check out Pipeline Planner, which was fully funded on Kickstarter and is now available for sale. The structure of the planner is specifically designed with real estate agent time management and business building in mind. Have a look at both the webinar and the planner instead of hitting the snooze button—you’ll be glad you did!