You’re a real estate agent and you have made it to August of 2020. Good for you! That’s an accomplishment in itself. With all of the serious stuff going on, I’d like to take a light-hearted exploration into 20 real estate agent survival tips for 2020.
20 Real Estate Agent Survival Tips for 2020
- Get Netflix.
- If you have already watched everything on Netflix, get Hulu.
- If you have already watched everything on Hulu, get Disney+.
- Buy a Peloton (on credit, of course. Who has cash these days?)
- Take online Zumba classes.
- Download the AllTrails app and take every suggested hike in your area.
- Download Audible and start listening to audiobooks (the first two are always free.) Looking for something light, listen to Trevor Noah’s Born a Crime. Looking to learn? Listen to anything by Malcolm Gladwell, such as Outliers or Talking to Strangers.
- Check the batteries in all your smoke detectors.
- Clean your closets, your attic, and your basement.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- If you are working long hours at your computer, order a good seat and/or back cushion. I recommend this one from Purple.
- Call everyone you know and see how they are doing. If the conversation goes into real estate, see if they are thinking of selling. Now is the time to sell, before a big market drop. (Buy wireless headphones such as Airpods to make the experience more pleasurable.)
- Bake a cake.
- Bake bread from scratch (if you can find yeast at the store).
- Consider pop-bys to your VIP past clients and sphere of influence; include pandemic-worthy gift items such as toilet paper, anti-bacterial gel, face masks, etc.
- Revisit your January marketing plan and calendar, and make changes as needed.
- Start or continue using video on a regular basis in emails and on social media.
- Update your CRM.
- Join Zoom networking groups and participate on local caravans (both online and offline).
- Don’t give up. If your business can survive this pandemic, you can survive anything.
Best wishes to you and yours for continued good health during this unique and challenging time!